New
Find
Notify
Tools

Its been a'while
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
When it comes to wine I am not much of a conniseur . I was raised on home made wine. The recepie was 3 boxes of red grape to 1 box of white grapes. It was aged in barrels obtained from one of the big distillers. My old ma was a dispatcher for a trucking company. The wine was an amber color and had a kick worse than a mule. Now I buy my wine in a box, it's a classy box. I drink white Zinfandel. Being on a fixed (broken) income I tend to go for the cheap stuff, when I drink.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
YEP! Let's hear it for CHEAP!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, yup.....I like some expensive wines, but, some "cheap" wines are just as good. Guess which I go for?White Zin is usually very good. I like beer too.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, Boartooth! Careful shopping sometimes uncovers decent reds in the $5 to $7 range. Guinness is always a comparatively good bargain, thank goodness. I usually like my whiskey straight, but only two drinks a week so a bottle does last a while. A friend and I did once cobble together a still and run off some whiskey. He liked it okay but wasn't impressed with it.

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ya, with distilled "Hootch" ageing and other factors have a big effect.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boartooth:
Ya, with distilled "Hootch" ageing and other factors have a big effect.

That's why bootleggers drove so slowly; give it time to age a bit. Cool

Factor
posted Hide Post
LOlolol.