New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guy
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
As you may have already guessed my name is Tommy and I shoot several TC's. A total of 5 stocks, 11 barrels, all but three are G.M. 32cal to 62cal. 1 50cal for my Encore that's 1 in 48" twist. Oh yeah, and I have D.G.W. 32 squirrel rifle just for giggles. Sorry but no flintlocks, I'm not that advanced yet. When I graduate to that level I plan to start with a 20 gauge Fowler. Have been throwing smoke for 38 years. I have been following your forum and reading your posts for some time now and decided to sign up. One thing I noticed about this forum compared to some others is you folks like to throw smoke too rather than blow smoke.

Posts: 15 | Location: Michigan, just south of the 45th | Registered: 29 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome pull up a chair and enjoy some coffee .....Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Welcome Tommy! Glad to have ya at the fire.

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome!!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thank ya kindly folks. Mind if I have a little bit more of that coffee and maybe another scoop of them beans? They're really hitting the spot.

Posts: 15 | Location: Michigan, just south of the 45th | Registered: 29 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, Tommy. I'd say that after 38 years you certainly are advanced enough to tie yourself on the end of a flint rifle or smooth bore. Don't know if you shoot with a club, are only a hunter or just shoot off your back porch, but to many (including yours truly who has been shooting black powder with various clubs and an occasional hunt since 1976 and flint since the end of the following year), flint is the way to go, if, for no other reason that it seems to fascinate the non-flint shooters so... hehe. Besides, it's more fun than having yer pants catch on fire OR a barrel of monkes.

Anyway, welcome to the fire.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted Hide Post
Welcome Tommy. Yeah, this is a forum where questions are usually answered and the info is good quality. It's a good place to go when you are building something and the amount of head scratching exceeds the work at the bench.

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MountainRanger:
Welcome to the fire, Tommy. I'd say that after 38 years you certainly are advanced enough to tie yourself on the end of a flint rifle or smooth bore. Don't know if you shoot with a club, are only a hunter or just shoot off your back porch, but to many (including yours truly who has been shooting black powder with various clubs and an occasional hunt since 1976 and flint since the end of the following year), flint is the way to go, if, for no other reason that it seems to fascinate the non-flint shooters so... hehe. Besides, it's more fun than having yer pants catch on fire OR a barrel of monkes.

Anyway, welcome to the fire.
No I don't belong to a club or shoot in any formal matches. I do like to hunt and shoot off the back porch, or out the back window. I bought my first muzzleloader when I was 20, it was a CVA mountain rifle kit,,,,,,,, my goodness that was 38 years ago. I wasn't very patient then and it showed in the finished product but could that thing shoot. Been hooked and had em ever since.

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard! Your choice for the first flint is outstanding! You will become addicted.

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Tommy. You'll make a fine addition to this flock of geezers..UH, I mean to say "gentlemen".

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Welcome Tommy! Good to see another close neighbor at the fire! TC is not just a rifle but also the initials of my northern Michigan home town

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cranbrook:
Welcome Tommy! Good to see another close neighbor at the fire! TC is not just a rifle but also the initials of my northern Michigan home town
Well Cranbrook, I know exactly where TC is. It's south of the Bear where the cheery blossoms bloom. Been there a few times, nice piece of the country. Always something going on.