Find
Notify
Tools

New Squirrel Rifle
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted
Tn poorboy, brass mounted with honey brown stain.
Barrel is a Rice transition barrel, radius groove, swamped with counter bored muzzle .32 x 38". Lock is a Chambers late Ketland.

[[URL=http://s599.photobucket.com/user/hanshi_photo/media/9076ff40-9e6e-488c-9e87-8819eb7eb6d4_zps3fbf01d2.jpg.html] /URL]

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
She's a purty one.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Hanshi,
Beautiful rifle there sir, and one to most definitely be proud of!
Best always.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Hanshi that's a really fine rifle gun you have their, oddly enough I am currently working on a rebuild of a squirrel rifle and it too will have a .32 cal. x 38in barrel.
and is based on a southern rifle, am using an old barrel I`ve had laying around for years,hopefully it will turn out to be a decent looking gun.

Posts: 196 | Location: kenai peninsula alaska | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Firelock48, I'm sure you will be more than pleased with the finished product. I'll really like to see the finished product.

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
hey Hanshi... that's a fine lookin' firestick! BTW, what part of Virginia are you in? I'm a bit west of Roanoke up in the NRV

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Mountain Ranger, I'm in Charlottesville and I shoot at the Rivanna rifle/pistol club nearby.

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
I know the area... grew up in Culpeper. My club closed this past fall. I shoot when it's warm IWLA where I'm a member and am hoping to affiliate with Wilderness Road Muzzleloaders in the Wytheville area.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I have a problem with roque grey squirells here on the Lake...any time you need to fine tune the fine looking firearm, you are more than welcome......Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Hey, guys! Come on; let's help vthunter out with those "Ronin" squirrels.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Wrong side of the Continent.....Darn it!

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking gun.

Posts: 29 | Location: Central Pa. | Registered: 02 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Nice squirrel getter

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
That looks like a fine rifle

Posts: 33 | Registered: 04 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle gun you have there

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle!

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. The more I see of the Tennessee style the more I like them.

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's the way they grew on me; just got to where I really liked them. Never cared for them before that.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Who was it that said ,"Only accurate rifles are interesting"?From what I've read,those Southern-type muzzle-stuffers were hella accurate.....

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
The little bores can be persnickety but they can also reward you with incredible accuracy.