New Squirrel Rifle
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Very nice little rifle!
It has great lines.
Hope you have fun with it.
Ron

Posts: 61 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ron; I'm very happy with it. i plan to take it out to the range again next week.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3132 | Location: Virginia (by way of Georgia) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Looking good there Hanshi. Been thinking about a 32 cal myself. Bout what would a critter like that weigh? Looking forward to the range report too.

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Brian, mine has a swamped barrel 38". If I'd known it would be as light as it seems, I'd have gotten a 42" barrel. My lightest rifle is my .36 SMR and without a way to accurately weigh it, I'd guess maybe 5.5lbs. The .32 has a little more weight so I'd guess 6 to 6.5 pounds. Both are a joy to carry and shoot extremely well. I think a good weight for a squirrel rifle is about 7 to 7.5 pounds and a trifle muzzle heavy for a good, steady hold off-hand.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3132 | Location: Virginia (by way of Georgia) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info. I was afraid the smaller cals. might be a little on the heavy side. Guess the swamped barrel makes the difference. Off-hand? Yeah right, at least fer me off-hand means off-target! But I still love to make smoke. Big Grin

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post