Find
Notify
Tools

Bruton rifle
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted
Most have seen it already but Im home bored out of my skull so here is a few pics of my Don Bruton .62 cal. Its a 38 inch .62 cal Charlie Burton barrel. A Caywood "Wilson" english lock. A plain piece of Dunlap slab sawn maple and Don forged the mounts. The front sight he made from a silver quarter. It just a plain no carving no engraving hunting rifle for a plain old fashion redneck. Curt Lyles made me a nice bark tan deer hide bag for it an since its Dons "Boone" pattern I had Scott Sibley make me a close copy of the Boone southern horn. I name all my guns an this one I call Samson. He shoots true and hits HARD

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Wow, beautiful rifle. That's about the style I would love to have, nothing really fancy but yet it still has class. How could you be bored with that thing hanging around. Smiler

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting WB. Always enjoy looking. Sure is a nice gun. .62 RIFLE you say? Man that's just the ticket for elk, bear and buffalo for sure!

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Handsome outfit Waddle Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's certainly a major "muscle" rifle. I would bet it puts the smackdown on deer.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
That is a very handsome outfit! I like everything about it including your choice of name for that big rifle gun!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Simple,elegant lines,looks very effective...I like....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
The rifle is both good looking and substantial. Very nice.
Ron

Posts: 62 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Hey WB... that is one fine looking firestick!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
I love it! Now if only it was left handed and mine....

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thats a great looking outfit enjoy it.

Posts: 33 | Registered: 04 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle and Horn!

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post