MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  Gallery of Black Powder Craftsmen  Hop To Forums  Firearms Gallery    Early Virginia Rifle by Ryan McNabb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early Virginia Rifle by Ryan McNabb
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted
I have been enjoying the shooting experience with this rifle! Getting used to the long 46" barrel was a lot easier than I had first imagined. Just a little more angle for loading and swabbing the bore. It actually is not a real heavy rifle, about 8 lbs. I figure. The swamped barrel really balances well and the long sight radius works well for my tired old eyes.

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Ryan builds a great rifle!

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
One more picture

Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!Gotta get some pics of mine....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Good looking rifle

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very nice!
I live only 20 miles or so from Ryan's place. Years ago I stopped in there and he gave me a tour of his workshop. Lately I've been hankering for a new rifle in the early Lancaster style and have been thinking of paying Ryan another visit.
First, though, I have to convince my wife that I need a new rifle gun.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I like it!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post