Find
Notify
Tools

Part of my collection.
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted
Here is a picture of original muzzleloaders they form a part of mine and a friends collection.
We travel around and show our guns at shoots , rondezvous , other museums etc ...
We give talks about the guns and even let you handle them , some we still let you shoot.
We have muzzleloading firearms from around 1780- to around 1870 or so.
We also have a original Sharps 1870 somethingish and a trapdoor Springfield 1873 rifle from 1883 for the "Modern Gun Folks" LOL
Andy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: andy*,

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Drool....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Be still my heart! So many gorgeous guns! I am soooo jealous. In fact I think I don't like you any longer. I unfriend you; can it be done this way?? At any rate you've ruined my day and made me feel inadequate. Aaarrghhhhh..... Frowner

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
We do have napkins at our shows Boartooth LOL

Hanshi,
If you are ever this way or we down your way , I'll let ya have your pick .... to shoot LOL
Andy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: andy*,

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Andy, I now re-friend you.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Hanshi,
Whew! I do not have many friends , so I can't afford to lose one . Even my invisible friend dosen't like me much LOL
Andy

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Well, here's another fine fix you've gotten me into... something else to wish off the page! What a collection.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
MountainRanger,
Thanks.
We travel around and show off our collection.
You can even handle and shoot some of the guns.
One year we would like to make a trip back east , maybe we will see you then.
Andy

Factor
posted Hide Post
Do you follow a schedule?

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Boartooth,
Summers mostly are when we are out and about.
We hit a few local rendezvous and will be at The Museum of the Mountain Man this summer.
When we have date of an event , we post it in our blog : ruxtonmuseum.org
Andy

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Very fine collection of longrifle's you have there Andy! Thank you for showing it to us! Do you have a favorite Kentucky rifle in your collection? Would love to see and hear all about it.

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Cranbrook,
Thank you.
I think my favorite longrifle that we have is a Tennessee rifle signed J. Jordon . It started life as a flintlock about 1815-20 or so and was percussoned later.
I will post pictures later.
I do have pictures of the longrifle I shoot the most. It was made by Royland Southgate in 1950.
I call it an original , because he made the rifle "Lock , Stock and Barrel" as the saying goes. All the parts were made by him in the old way. The only store bought part is the Colt nipple.
Andy

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Found a picture of the J.Jordon rifle.
It is the bottom one in the photo.
Andy

Factor
posted Hide Post
Andy,I'll have to keep my eyes open.I'd like to see your cool toys....

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Boartooh,
Sounds good. Will be posting on here as to where we will be.
Andy

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Thank you Andy for showing both those great rifle's! I too hope to someday make it to one of your events. I once owned a fine flintlock rifle that was made by Royland Southgate. Found it for sale at a local gun shop with a fair price tag. Later traded it for something else but have fond memories.

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Cranbrook,
That would have been a fun one to shoot for sure.
Andy

Factor
posted Hide Post
Which brings up a question....DO you shoot all your collectibles?

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Boartooth,
Yes , I still shoot some of them.
Age and condition being two big factors.
We have bought some that were wrecks and re-bulit them. New breach-plugs , glass bedding etc ...
So those yes we shoot.
Some we just maintain , with no re-working and those we do not shoot.
All in all we shoot or can shoot about 10 or so out of the 30 odd we display.
Andy

Factor
posted Hide Post
Ahh,makes sense....