New
Find
Notify
Tools

Part of my collection.
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Hey Boartooth, some good old rifle's have earned their place in retirement and are what we all today call "wall hangers". It can be a hard decision to buy something that will remain in your possession as an object to study, admire, and share with interested like minded folks. To know that the rifle has earned it's keep and has already proven itself from long centuries of use in the field. All of the campfires and survival stories that emanate from the artifact that you see before you. They do talk to you on those quiet winter nights. You the collector, the caretaker for the next generation to ponder. Thankless because you don't dare to shoot it? No, not at all. But a true privilege to hold history in your hands!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on being able to collect such a fine group of rifles.
I would have loved to have a collection like that, but I started in this muzzleloading game late in life. I am happy with my one 1820s longrifle and race of 1816/1822 French cavalry pistols.
Ron

Posts: 62 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Cranbrook,I agree,but for me I only have room for a few guns.Limited wall space has pictures,and other collectibles competing for it.Sure am glad there are folks that have money ,and room for those grand old pieces.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words fellas.
I like looking at everyone's collection be it one or two off the shelf models , a custom rifle or original guns.
Firearms make for a excellent study. Seeing how they work or are put together be it a old or new piece , it all interests me.
Sharing my collection with other folks and talking about guns is a fun and non-threatening way to show that guns and gun-owners are not dangerous , which is important nowadays.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very nice!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Thank you pab1
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Wow, and I mean Wow!

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post