New
Find
Notify
Tools

.54 Cal Lyman Pistol Kit
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
This is the first kit I have built. I used LMF on the metal and Birchwood Casey Brass Black on all brass parts.

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
Hiya Pab1, Looks like you did a real good job there, I've never used brass black before. Tell me about that and how you apply it....sure makes that barrel cool looking!
Have you shot her yet?

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks Deadeye! Brass Black is easy to use. Just apply it to the brass and wipe it off. I did several applications until the brass was very dark.

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Gray Bear
posted Hide Post
That is very nice!

Chuck
The older I get the better I was....

Posts: 9 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: 30 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very nice! How does it shoot? RH

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Just one trip to the range so far but I'm impressed with its accuracy with 40 gr of Goex 3F at 20 yards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pab1,

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
She looks great to me. I have a great plains pistol too they are good shooters.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Very good job.

Posts: 64 | Location: piney woods of east texas | Registered: 23 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Walking Bear 1954
posted Hide Post
Great job

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep that can contest the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 33 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 14 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post