MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Bladed Weapons    Jeff White Knives from Jas Townsend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff White Knives from Jas Townsend
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Does anybody have any of the trade, cooking or pair knives by Jeff White Knives as sold by Jas Townsend & Son? They seem to be solidly built and are pretty. I am looking to add a few nice, rustic knives to my collection without losing all of the frog skins in my collection.

Thanks,
Patrick

"...having Providence for their founder and Nature for shepherd, gardener, and historian."

Posts: 44 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 01 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Got pics?

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Patrick,
I have a couple of "rustic" patch knives that are available. They are in the $40--50 range and one has a sheath with it. Both have whitetail antler handles with crowns. One appears to have been a commercial blade and the other was cut from a saw blade. Can send pics if you are interested.
Mark

Posts: 68 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I have bought two or three of Jeff White knives from ebay. They perform really well and you can't beat the price.

Posts: 127 | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I also have two from ebay. I have an English trade knife and a longhunter knife. They seem to be well built, good looking and I like them. I made my own sheith for them. I also would like one of the nesumuck???(spelling) It looks to be a good skinner for deer. Best regards. Rockerhound

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I have got a few of Jeff's knives. All of them are great and hold a good edge. Get on ebay and you will find a better selection from Jeff.

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of GreyWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WBE:
Got pics?

Wick - Jeff is one of those making the maple handled "trade knives" - while not particularly PC they do seem to be pretty good knives on the same level as modern Green Rivers

aka Chuck Burrows

Posts: 616 | Location: Southern Rockies | Registered: 03 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. I thought so, but didn't want to comment without being sure. Yeah, they are good for the money, hold an edge well enough, and are rendezvous approved pretty much anywhere. They would be a good camp cook knife. I think I would just as soon have one of the Green Rivers though. Just buy the blade and slap a set wood slabs on it with iron rivet pins. I recently did three of the Ripper blades for my deer processor. The Ripper is his favorite for working a deer, or most any critter.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post