MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Bladed Weapons    A new sheath for my Long Hunter knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new sheath for my Long Hunter knife
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted
Well Chuck has done it again. I told him I wanted a HC plain sheath for my knife and this is what he put in the mail to me today. It's leather lined, raw hide covered with a center seam.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Longhunter
Nice pair of cutters, and Chuck did another top of the line jobs.

Keep your powder dry.
LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Only those of us here would consider that beautiful. I do.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That is great work and really interesting. I like that it is unique and has it's own look.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I like it.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of GreyWolf
posted Hide Post
A couple of more shots..........

if the rawhide cover were to be removed inside is a surprise...

I made this sheath to be a "frontier repair" of the original Euro sheath it came with, so I copied the center sheath in the image above of several French originals (thank you Ken Hamilton) and then "repaired" it with rawhide

aka Chuck Burrows

Posts: 616 | Location: Southern Rockies | Registered: 03 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post