Find
Notify
Tools

Curt Lyles knives
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted
Finally got around to making rawhide covered sheaths for my 2 Curt Lyles knives. The skinning blade he made for me a couple yrs ago and the longhunter blade he made for me back last fall. The skinner I sent him a cardboard cut shaped like I wanted the blade and the longhunter he made form a piece of old farm implement from my great grandfathers old homeplace. Both my great grandfather and grandfather used the old spring that is now my knife. Both are very easy sharpened and hold thier edges really well.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
drooling over skinner Frowner

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
nice looking knives and fine leather work!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted Hide Post
Those are both very nice knives AND a great idea you had! Great job on the sheaths, as well. I bought a couple lead ladles and shot pouches from Curt several years ago. I also own a knife made by him, too. Well, the wife owns it. Never should've shown her his site...

Pare-

Posts: 104 | Location: Little River, I.T. | Registered: 06 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of kopfjaeger
posted Hide Post
Nice knives

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Posts: 51 | Registered: 07 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Both very personal items and look great.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have one of his knives. Very nice piece of work.

Posts: 552 | Location: SC | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love the longhunter knife. Good sheath work too. Thanks for sharing.

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post