New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Belt Dagger
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Just finished this one. 8" x 1 1/4" blade of 01 steel with lightly aged finish and a through tang peened over iron butt cap. lugged iron guard and scalloped grip ferrule, curly maple grip with chip carving, finished with Fiebings leather stain and Minwax Antique Oil finish. Sheath is of 6/7oz vege-tan leather, sewn with linen thread. Iron plate with frog/hook are attached with clinched nails, and frog/hook is attached to the plate with a pin and silver braze. Cross hatching on sheath was hand incised. Hope you enjoy a look.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It looks great. I really like the work you did on the hilt.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
True artistry.
Beautiful.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
That's a real beauty Wick.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of Laughing Bear
posted Hide Post
Normally I don't like dags, and I hardly ever comment on photos people post (I figger they should know how good their work is.), but...

WOW! That's gorgeous!

And that's all I have to say about that.

Posts: 61 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 16 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
very well done

"But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it." Bear Claw Chris Lapp

Posts: 516 | Location: Ft Parker/Ft Manuel Lisa | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!!

Posts: 111 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post