Find
Notify
Tools

Another Joe Schell knife
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted
Ya cant have too many knives. Been wanting one with a deer leg bone for a handle so being my girlfriend took my other Schell knife to use in the kitchen I had Joe make this one. He forged the blade from an old file and for the handle he mounted a deer leg bone an then wrapped it with rawhide. The blade is 7 inches and the handle is 5 an 1/4. I made the sheath from some scrap leather I had laying around. Its crude but it will do for its intended purpose. Hope ya like

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
very cool looking knife....how does it handle?

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Handle feels good right or left hand. The balance is very good and the weight is light for a long blade.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Sweet,I understand why your gal absconded with your first...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Nice outfit. Sheath goes well with the knife.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of kopfjaeger
posted Hide Post
Joe Schell makes some nice knives. I like mine. It's razor sharp.

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Posts: 51 | Registered: 07 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post