New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheath for a Bird and Trout
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
This little ML Knives is a handy small game and trout knife. It needed a new home so, I built a sheath based on a original Southern sheath in in a sketchbook.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pease,

Posts: 238 | Registered: 08 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Pease, these are the knives that I really like. As a hunter I don't believe large knives are necessary. I do understand the multiple uses of a large knives, but I personally don't carry one. A small blade of good quality will do everything I need a knife to do, this is including the complete breakdown of large game such as moose or elk.
Now owning one of quality, looking the way yours do and in a sheath like that, well now it don't get any better.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Walk,

The original sheath was actually a neck sheath. It had four tabs for thongs. Two for hanging from the neck, two lower to tie behind the back. It was also bearded at the bottom.

Someday I will make it... Already drew out the patterns...

Pease

Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
That's a nice little knife there, Pease. I must say it's got a nice, new home! Big Grin

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
I was a little concerned about the flap design and if it was practicle to carry. So it was used all day today at a Woodswalk and target shoot. I used it several times and was surprised at how natural it was to unsheath and replace the knife...and the ease of putting the flap through the loop. I was going to sell this rig at a upcoming show in Feb., but now think it might just hang around for a few years... Smiler