MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Bladed Weapons    A little beading, leather bending and fancing up some butcher knives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little beading, leather bending and fancing up some butcher knives
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Made this up, just cause. I like how it turned out. Elk hide, deer rawhide around the top, elk hair in the brass cones and a coyote claw.

The fancied Old Hick

Did another just because I was doing them,

Posts: 39 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Those ol' knives are hard to beat. Good going. I like it. You put me on to some idees for some I've got, by jingo!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's a very attractive sheath. I do like those knives, too.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The knives and the sheaths look great.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Great idea with the leather wrapped handles Quick soon as I figure out that stitch I'll be givin' that a try !

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Nice job...really like how look, both sheath and knife.....

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
I really like that first knife. Only thing that could make it better in my opinion is maybe a false edge half-way up the back, and that's just a "maybe". I also like the other knife, and was immpressed by the little hooks on the back of the handles. Very cool!

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Very nice work!

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
It's amazing the pure talent that abounds on this site. Great job, they are knives that anyone would be proud to own!

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
How do you do the leather handle wrap? I have an old knife that needs a new one, but I have no idea how that works. I really like your knives. They are fantastic.

"...having Providence for their founder and Nature for shepherd, gardener, and historian."

Posts: 44 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 01 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
I wish that I had seen this post before the pic's were pulled. I have been away for awhile.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post