Find
Notify
Tools

Francisca Ax
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted
We just finished a new throwing hawk/ax, styled after the Francisca ax. It has a feel like it wants to be thrown.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks good and I agree it looks like it wants be thrown.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Montour
posted Hide Post
That style of ax does cry to be thrown.

Won my most prized possession, a Sid Birt Damascus tomahawk in 1982 throwing an ax of that style

Posts: 150 | Location: Right where Im standing | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Modified viking?

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
There's some really good lookin' blades on there (and some really goofy lookn' ones as well. Big Grin)

~Josh

P.S. Is that Carlton Matteo's touch mark on that axe head?

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
P.S. Is that Carlton Matteo's touch mark on that axe head?

Yes it is.

http://www.shrewbows.com/Ron-throwing-Hatchet.WMV

Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
'S'what I thought. I'll have to let him know that he's doin' some superb work!

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Great Looking Hawk, she needs to be thrown!

Ain't this somethin'? I told my Pap and Mam I was coming to the mountains to trap and be a mountain man; acted like they was gut shot. Say's son, make your life go here, here's where the people is. Them mountains is for animals and savages. "I says, mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world", and by God I was right. Del Gue (Jeremiah Johnson 1972)

Posts: 3 | Location: Round Rock Texas | Registered: 30 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post