Find
Notify
Tools

Here's another'n
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted
It is 9" long with a 5" blade made of 1095 high-carbon steel. I call it the "Coureur de bois,
The sheath can be worn several different ways. The flap/frog on the front of the sheath slips over a belt, sash or garter, also outside a boot to hold the knife from slipping through. The sheath also has a longer than average 4.5" belt strap on the back side which allows the knife to to carried vertical in a high or low fashion on the strong side OR slanted on the opposite side in a crossdraw carry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NWTF Longhunter,

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
beautiful knife...like the scabbard too.
Looks to be lefty friendly.
Always like seeing your work.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
Ron,

It's a beautiful knife and a practical sheath.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would like to see an unobstructed photo of that little buckskin pouch that's in the picture. It looks simple but well designed. I'd like to have a look at the top or throat of the pouch, to see how it's made and ornamented.

Thanks,

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
It's pretty simple and plain. I made it about 30 years ago, hand sewn deer skin with a strip of deerskin for the drawstring top. I used it to carry my pipe and a little tobacco. The pipe is an original clay and I'm using a turkey wingbone for the stem.

The other bag I've had for years also. It's hand sewn antique leather, a bone nozzle with a wood stopper. I carry shot in it

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
OOOOH! SHINY!

Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post