New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a nice skinner
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
Clyde. I've never seen the name before, but it is a well built knife, and really nice blade!!!

Posts: 54 | Registered: 16 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
It'll get used, for sure!

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Other side

<mtnmike>
posted
That one WILL DO nicely Big Grin,,some people has all the luck of right place,right time Mad

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike! Found it in a local "antique" shop. They had $40 on it, I left them my offer of a lot less and my phone number, and it worked!!

Factor
posted Hide Post
YES,VERY nice skinner.Even if it's not PC,keep it,it'll work just fine....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Definitely a knife I would carry.
Good find. There's some good finds in them antique shops iffen you can get them to drop the price like that.

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Never heard of the brand, but that sure looks like a nice knife that will serve you well over the years. Sounds like you got a very good deal on it too. Well Done!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking knife.

Posts: 29 | Location: Central Pa. | Registered: 02 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Great looking knive

Posts: 140 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
A Google search revealed that Clyde Cutlery was founded in Clyde, Ohio in 1850. They continued in business until 1960. They mostly made butcher knives and during WWII they made knives for the military.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat an old knife like that. The first deer you skin out with it, you'll be sayin' "It don't get no better'n this!" Great find!

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Just me, but I would pack it away, then buy a similar Russell copy if that is the type you like. Given that the company folded in 1960, and had a good history, that knife could become more valuable as an antique than as a working knife. It may be now.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
WBE, I already have 2 Green River blades like this and a sheep skinner style as well!! They're good knives, but made of softer steel.