muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc
Been a while

This topic can be found at:
https://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/29510091/m/3844080148

06 October 2016, 03:25 PM
Josh Crain
Been a while
Hey, y'all! Goodness, I've been away from the fire for too long! I fired up the forge for the first time in over a year last week. Finished up this little fella today and have a coffin hilted bowie almost complete. By gum! It's good to be back at the craft!

patch knife

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b
06 October 2016, 06:23 PM
Walkingeagle
Welcome back Josh, glad to see you still got the touch! That is one fine looking knife for sure.
Walk
07 October 2016, 07:26 AM
John Blozik
Nice knife! I have to make a trip to Bama this spring. I am going to pick up an old forge and anvil that was my wife's grandfathers. He used it on their old farm in his day. I have always wanted to set up an old forge.
07 October 2016, 01:39 PM
Josh Crain
Way cool. It's quite a rewarding craft. If you have any questions feel free to message me. Smiler

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b
07 October 2016, 06:38 PM
pab1
Welcome back! Very nice work! Look forward to seeing the bowie!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper
12 October 2016, 10:06 AM
MountainRanger
Hey Josh welcome back! I'm proud to have one of your patch knives. It keeps a sharp edge, and I get compliments on it where ever I go.

Sua Sponte
14 October 2016, 09:15 PM
Bud in PA
Welcome back Josh. John make sure that that forge and anvil aren't cursed. I bought an anvil and a post vise, and welded up a brake drum forge, just to occupy my time. Well I wound up having my good shoulder replaced this past summer. The doc says I might try using it lightly next month.