New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ball Grip Belt Knife
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
My latest belt knife. Special made for Erin Ehlert. 9"x1 1/4"x 3//16" distal tapered blade of 01 steel. Tapered tang with mild steel bolsters and bone slab grips. Very lightly aged. Hope you enjoy a look.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of woodman
posted Hide Post
I like it....

Posts: 357 | Location: Colorado Territories | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife. He will carry it with pride, I believe.

LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Willis Creek
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

"touch not the cat without a glove"
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Posts: 143 | Location: South of the Arkansas, on the slopes of St. Charles Peak, Colorado territory | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
very nice knife Wick

Posts: 113 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Nice,elegant.....What part of the production of this knife did you do?I have a reason for asking...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
All of it Boartooth. Why do you ask? I make my own blades from 01 bar stock and the grips from raw materials. I also do the heat treat.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Well,as I mentioned earlier,I have a sword that is quite old.One educated laymans' estimate was 16th century.It has engraving and a Cyrillic makers' mark.I'm speculating it may have been made for the Ottoman Navy.At any rate it appears to have been a predecessor to the cutlass in design I'm interested in finding out how much it might cost me to get it re-gripped,and possibly a new scabbard made.just so I know if it's possible,financially.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
For the re-gripping, I would recommend you contact Kyle Willyard at http://www.olddominionforge.com/
I am no expert on swords, but Kyle is.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the lead.

Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice Wick, I love that style knife. Are you making a sheath for it too?

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
No, Erin already has a sheath for it.

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Wick, are you taking orders now or still working off the backlog? Love this knife.

Pat

Posts: 13 | Location: foothills of the Blue Ridge, at the meeting of the Mountain and Carolina Roads  | Registered: 15 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I doubt I will take on more orders before next year. Maybe trade scalpers sooner than that.

Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Beauitful work there, Wick. you never cease to amaze!

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks great to me WBE

BCR

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife. Looks like the one Mark Baker is using in the longhunter 5 dvd. Did you make his too?

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It's a great style and very handy for many jobs. Here's mine, the bone is stained.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
NWTF long hunter, A very nice knife, and almost a perfect profile for one I offer with a partial tang. Your leather is also top notch. Good looking outfit. Wattlebuster, no, I did not make Mark Bakers knife. It was made by George Ainslie, as best I recall, who copied it from one thought to be French in Madison Grant's book.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thank you Wick. The knife is by C.L.Matteo, bag and sheath by Chuck Burrows.