Posts: 28 | Registered: 26 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
A fiberglass replica birchbark

Posts: 28 | Registered: 26 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Is it all fiberglass, or are the ribs wood?

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1207 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
BTW; Lobo; that picture you titled "Bringing em out" looks very much like a place in Michigan where I used my canoe to get to an island in a cedar swamp. I had some good deer hunting there. But, pushing the canoe through thin ice was no fun.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1207 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
hmm. I'm still waiting for answers to several questions.

This past spring the missus and I purchased a pair of kayaks. Our first kayaks. Mine is a "sit-in" fishing kayak, while her's is a "sit-on top". Both are only 10.5 feet long. Both are made of some kind of plastic-like material with built-in flotation. They are flat-water boats, not at all suitable for whitewater.
We have had them on the local lake and also took them to Florida recently where we paddled on the Suwanee River among some alligators, and along the Gulf Coast.
A lot of fun! We have both fished from our kayaks with no problems. Her's is blue and white, but mine is a camouflage pattern and I plan to do some waterfowl hunting out of it this coming winter. It negotiates well through the tulies back in the sloughs, but I think it will also work as a "lay-out" boat if I anchor and pile some brush on it out in the open waters. In the past I have used my 17' canoe for my duck hunting boat.
We use double-blade paddles with our kayaks, but I also keep a short single paddle in mine just in case I drop and lose the double paddle overboard.

Happy Birthday to me. 71 today. Cool

"There is nothing more worth doing than simply messing about in boats".
Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows"

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hippy pappy bithunday!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 1879 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post