muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc
tick repellant

This topic can be found at:
https://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/22610091/m/6194005148

05 August 2017, 07:22 AM
Rancocas
tick repellant
A "clove".
I have also heard that eating garlic a day before an outdoors adventure helps to repel mosquitoes. It also helps repel annoying people and vampires.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.
05 August 2017, 10:40 AM
Loyalist Dave
Yeah each "piece" in a bulb of garlic is a "clove"... don't get them confused.

"Clove" is of course also the name of a spice, which might be the cause of some confusion.

My favorite "cover scent" is wood smoke coupled with scraping off the top layer of leaves next to the tree that I'm using to help break up my outline. I like that nice loamy smell. I know folks, and this included me at one time, that would put the outer layer of hunting clothes into a dark plastic trash bag with a handfull of fresh peatmoss and jumble the bag around, then set it in the sun to cook. Supposed to infuse the cloth with a "ground" scent.

I like the wood smoke as I'm told that some bucks think it's sorta like the smell of another buck. I did have one before dawn once, walk downwind of me, stop, move toward me stomping and snorting at me. Maybe it was I smelled like a deer, or maybe he simply didn't like me there and wasn't sure what I was.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove
05 August 2017, 11:44 AM
Hanshi
A clove of garlic a day has been shown to prevent flu, colds, TB and has been used with great success as a birth control. I mean, who wants to get close to anyone with major "garlic breath"?

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*
05 August 2017, 01:34 PM
Boartooth
I love pickled garlic....My wife never complains about it....She's a saint.....And yes ,the individual pieces of garlic within a bulb is a clove....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin
05 August 2017, 01:38 PM
Boartooth
I just realized something.I hardly ever get bit by 'skeeters,and my wife is type "O" also( I'm a B) and she's the one that gets bit.....Maybe y'all got something there....

08 August 2017, 06:52 AM
Loyalist Dave
Well my Blood Type is O Neg, but again I do lots of B vitamins and vinegar and garlic.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove
08 August 2017, 12:25 PM
Boartooth
Hmmmm.