Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
A little latte

Posts: 2 | Registered: 15 September 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Looking good!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. Looks a lot like my set-up. I’ve used a number of cotton cloths, well washed. Old jeans scraps makes good char cloth. You can also char wood pieces to keep in your fire kit.

In case someone needs to know, any tin with a tight fitting lid will work. Punch a small hole in lid with a small nail. Put your well washed and dry cotton fabric or dry wood chunks inside. Put the lid in place. Set onto the fire. A gas will start coming out of the can. When it stops smoking put the nail into the hole and pull can to the side and bury it in the ashes. Open after completely cool.

If others have more tips in how you make char cloth this might be a great place to have in one useful thread.

Thanks

Bryan

Shoot Safe

Posts: 43 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 15 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
A good place to explore all things re:fire-starting.....Youtube channel: David West.

This guy is scary good. lots of vids about making char cloth.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The best fire starter that I found so far is a Mushroom that grows on trees. It sort of looks like a clam shell. The first time I tried it I used a magnifying glass. It took a couple of minutes, but once it caught it was hard to extinguish.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post