New
Find
Notify
Tools

New gun needs a name
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Trusted comes to mind n like another post Faith or ol Faithful seems to ring true YMHS Birdman

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
You sure ended up with a list af real good names.

I have the following
.54 Sharon Gun Barrel Hawken, "Sharon"
.45 southern mt flint long rifle "Princess"
.45 southron mt flint long rifle "Sweetheart"
.54 Lyman GP (hunting rifle) "Thor"
.62 NW trade gun by Caywood "Pepper"
.54 Pedersoli flint Blue Ridge Hasn't earned a name yet thogh I've been hunting with it for several years.

Don't be hasty to find a name. The gun will just sort of over time find it's own and let yo know.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Drumstick!

"Leave the gun, take the canoli"

Posts: 136 | Location: Billerica, Massa2shits | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klondike Mike:
Drumstick!

Wink He, he, he, he.....

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Drumstick; I like that.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
Drumstick?....hmmmm how about Wingbone? or "Ole Thumper"

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ron, I kind'a like "Ol' Drumstick." You either 'thump' with it or it tastes good. Klondike has a good idea... Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
how about "Spur " or "Ole Spur"

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I vote for "Faith".
That means that there's two more spots to fill in the gun rack for "Hope" and "Charity".

Posts: 332 | Location: South Coast (MS) | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of sawbones
posted Hide Post
How about "Wishbone"? There was a guy named wishbone on an old TV western, and for the life of me I can't remember. He was kind of like a Gabby Hayes character. Anyhow, it could be a good name for that gun. So is "Drumstick " though!

Never flinch

Posts: 524 | Location: Surprise Valley, California/Nevada | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I remember that, too, Sawbones. Was it Wagon Train or Rawhide?

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
how about "first date", ya sure got lucky on the first date!!!!!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 05 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I guess ill through my vote towards something in the "faith" category. Fine looking tom too.
Bearclaw

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
wishbone was the cook on rawhide with ward bond and clint eastwood

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
what about Teddy ARE Rosie but I will let you guys figure these out makes for good conversation. Have fun.

Posts: 86 | Location: North central Alabama, Limestone County, Athens | Registered: 09 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
"Ole Sure Shot" or "Meat Maker"

Posts: 13 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I Kinda like Wingbone. Remember, though, Longhunter is referring to the gun as a "she," as in a charmer, and his wingbone call "charmed" (lured) the tom in. I see "Wingbone" more as a female, and drumstick more as a male. (JMHO)

Posts: 6 | Location: Scranton area, Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
How about, "No Name" Big Grin

Posts: 1452 | Location: Good Ole USA of course! | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post