New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aguirre rifle
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
I may be in the market for a squirrel rifle. .36 or .40 is what I’m thinking. With a shorter barrel. With eyesight changing ( started wearing readers) what sights work better ? Any help will be a plus. Thanks

Posts: 232 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the tile typo. Should read squirrel rifle. Got your attention I Bet

Posts: 232 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I've heard peep sights do the trick. Ya, that typo definitely got my attention, lol.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Peeps are excellent! And I'd suggest a .36 if you can't find a .32. .40 is a bit large.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks I was leaning towards the .36, where do you mount your peeps? I’ve seen them mounted on the tang/wrist also I’ve seen a rear sight instead of having the typical groove but a round hole.

Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Also at woodswalks and matches are peeps frowned upon? Any pics of your peeps

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
The only peep sight I've had on a round-ball rifle was a simple tang peep. It did as well as fancier types.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I have peeps on most of my rifles now due to failing eyesight. Peeps mounted as close to the eye as possible are better than those mounted forward on the barrel.

Posts: 20 | Location: SE CT | Registered: 27 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post