New
Find
Notify
Tools

.40 again.
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I read Hanshi's previous post about the .40 and decided to start a new post to bring it up to date.

Until recently, I had a Kibler .40 SMR and loved it immensely. It took many squirrels, a couple of coyote and a few deer. Here in Alabama, .40 is legal for deer.

I sold it because of a shoulder surgery and the rifle no longer fit me comfortably.

However, not long ago, I acquired a beat up T/C Seneca with a Horribly rusted bore that had been.36. Off to Mr. Hoyt it went for a .40 liner (since I already had mucho .40 stuff and no .36 stuff).

DanL

God bless America and Alba Gu Brath!

Posts: 567 | Location: God's farm in Alabama | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I plan to shorten the butt-stock a bit to fit my new shoulder. Then I plan to refinish the stock and reassemble the Seneca and give her a real work out at the range.

DanL

God bless America and Alba Gu Brath!

Posts: 567 | Location: God's farm in Alabama | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I have a very nice ".40" that was a bit over 8 lbs. An accident resulted in pitting near the breech which affected the awesome accuracy of which it had always been capable. So off to Bobby Hoyt for reboring to .45 (my favorite, by the way). It was soon returned to me with a super smooth, radius rifled bore. It had also lost weight, about 6 oz in this case, with a weight of 7 lbs - 11 oz. The rifle had always been a favorite and is now something truly special. This gave me 4 rifles in .45.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post