New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun Stuff!
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
Had a great morning shooting. It was cold and windy probably 30-50mph winds but still had fun. As you know I'm very green and so any accomplishment is a big new deal for me. Even in the gusting winds I was able to hit the metal from 35-142 yards on the first shot. Then for the long shot at 175yards was a different story. First shot 6" low and with the advice from the experienced I was able to make the adjustments neccessary to hit it 3 shots later. May not seem like a big deal to you but when you do what your told and you actually do it is a big deal to me. What I find interesting is I've seen rifle bullets get deflected in the wind much more than what the round balls were doing.

Posts: 56 | Location: Montana | Registered: 06 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your accomplishment. As to wind deflection--Dixon in his book talks about the roundball being a good shape as to areodynamcs.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Zeb my friend im very happy for you,sounds like you had a ball.I wish i could say the same but its not working out for me.Been trying to for months now,not one shot yet.Long story, shoot some for me would ya. Keep your powder dry my friend.

TATER.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 24 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post