New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goex
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
I hear they shut the plant down? What powder will we shoot next ?

Posts: 232 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I heard that too.
European made black powder is still available, as far as I know.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1260 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good morning. I believe that we are in a wait and see mode for how the blackpowder production and supply chips fall. Hopefully, the domestic plant will be purchased and put back into production.

However, for now, I plan to use only what is necessary to prepare for hunting season with the larger calibers (.50 & .62) and continue to practice and small game hunt with the smaller more powder efficient calibers (.32, .40).

Realistically, in my humble opinion, blackpowder guns in general are no threat to national security (or vultures). Hopefully, we will continue to enjoy our sport with imported non-domestic powders.

Kind regards and good luck, DanL

God bless America and Alba Gu Brath!

Posts: 503 | Location: God's farm in Alabama | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post