Blanket Gun...
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Always wanted this style of gun.

Posts: 238 | Registered: 08 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I love it Pease, I want one, but I thought this was your gunn? I've seen three different styles of these, I like this the best so far, really like the blunderbus barrel, really sets it apart. Be right handy in a kanoo attack,lol If it it's yours, don't hide it under a blanket, just walk around in the open with it, and scare stuff to death!

It's not the first time, I've protected my hair, in just such a manner.

Posts: 44 | Location: Independence, MO. | Registered: 28 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
It's deceptive... instead of blunderbuss... the barrel was cut after the wedding band. The curl of the forend wood adds to see the allusion.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I like it, too. A NSW canoe gun kit is on my wish list.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
What's the bore, and how long is the barrel?
It's bad to the bone.

It's not the first time, I've protected my hair, in just such a manner.

Posts: 44 | Location: Independence, MO. | Registered: 28 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
If it is what you like, it is what you like. I don't see the point to it.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pease:
Always wanted this style of gun.
That's cool beans Pease...looks like about a 10" barrel?
You might even fashion a simple belt slide leather loop holster sort of a thing and carry it on your hip.

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
You'd most likely want to shoot it before you started using the blade and those little stubs to bash your enemy's skull, but dang if this don't look like something a Shawnee or Cherokee would just love to have when it came time to 'take up the tomahawk.'

Is the triangular blade sharpened or does it operate on the principle of 'blunt force trauma'?

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't see the point to it.

I guess it's its own point. I have a 7-shot revolver, and I have swivel breech rifle that is so heavy I hate to lug it through the woods..., but they were "cool" when I bought them. Roll Eyes Or so I thought.

This isn't a "blanket gun" as they were cut down actual guns..., with the stock shaped like a war club, this is a Warclub Gun. OOH even better..., it's a Fusilclub !

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
The triangular point is blunt...

As to it's point? I plan on using it as backup to my Canoe gun... Big Grin

Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pease:
The triangular point is blunt...

As to it's point? I plan on using it as backup to my Canoe gun... Big Grin

Hey! I really respect those who do their own thang. Big Grin You like it? Go fer it. I still don't understand why. Confused

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post