New
Find
Notify
Tools

browning mt rifle
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
In 1979 i bought 2 J M BROWNING mt rifles in 50 cal with steel furniture Beautiful rifles I still have them 1 i shoot the other is a vault queen I still have both original box,s.The 1 i shoot will shoot center if i do my part, At 71 my eyes aint that great but, I enjoy wearing my skins and keep my shooting to 50 yards . Im was just wondering if any of you SKINNER,s might have 1??
thanks
JIMBOWIE1

Posts: 4 | Registered: 04 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
About a year ago I took one off a buddies hands who acquired it in trade. He had no use for it and sold it to me for a great price. Really was a great purchase, but the soft heart kicked in when I saw another friends eyes twinkle at his sight of it, and him never owning a traditional muzzlegun I figured it may be a good opportunity to grow our sport. He took possession, has acquired the necessary items for shooting, but has yet to fire it.
Oh well, maybe some day.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I acquired a Jonathan Browning Mtn iron mounted rifle in 1981 in .54cal. Used to put on demo shoots at 200yds with 130grs 3f & patched round ball knocking bowling pins over. The rifle is sighted in at 100yds with 90grs 3f and the same sight picture was used for the 200yds shot with the heavier powder load.

It shoots plum center! Took many deer and several moose with the rifle.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I tried to post a pic of my collection but it say,s the pic is to big ??? im not sure why I have posted on other site,s with no problem ???

Posts: 4 | Registered: 04 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You might try to open "paint" program in your computer, and then open the photographs. Each photograph may be reduced, and perhaps changed from a png file to a jpeg file, then saved. That might allow you to post them.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I have an iron mounted JB mountain rifle also. I bought it as a 50 caliber, but found it to be too heavy so I had it bored out to 58. Handles better, and is a tack driver. Best deer rifle I have, cause it really puts them down, and I like the single set trigger.

Posts: 20 | Location: SE CT | Registered: 27 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post