MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Firearms    Snagged a 12 gauge New Englander
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snagged a 12 gauge New Englander
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
So I was lucky this month and found a 12 gauge TC New Englander for sale. It had a fair price on it, but I wanted it for the barrel and the parts..., it has a synthetic stock. Eeker

My son has recently decided he really likes shooting and wants to hunt deer next year so I had him try several of my caplocks, and he liked my .54 TC New Englander. So I got this to give him a 12 gauge bird/rabbit/turkey barrel, and spare parts for the wood stocked .54 since the New Englander isn't made these days.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Great idea and a great find. Congratulations.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I have to keep my eyes open for a squirrel gun I can burn charcoal in.My air rifle is sweet,but it doesn't have that sidelock feel.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
A lot of the guys are picking up used factory rifles like CVA or TC with roached out bores, and are having Bob Hoyt bore them out smooth. So depending on the outside flats dimensions you can get a 28 gauge or perhaps a 24 gauge (.58) If you get the barrel jug choked..., that a slight internal bulge a couple of inches from the muzzle, they do quite well on squirrel and rabbit, and you keep the roundball capability out to around 50 yards, too. Wink

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post