Find
Notify
Tools

gave the .50 a make over
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted
just never cared all that much for the blonde finish or the bare metal.have browned several locks and small parts but this was the first time i had done a barrel,didnt turn out too bad. used Birchwood Caseys plumb brown on the metal and Homer Danglers golden brown stain on the stock.
before...

after...

Member #277 Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Association
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Posts: 381 | Location: Butler, Missouri | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Mighteeeeee fine, Turtle'!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TurtleDave:
"...used Birchwood Caseys plumb brown on the metal and Homer Danglers golden brown stain on the stock..."
I like the "after' much better...great looking Flintlock !

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
It definitely benefited from the face lift. Nice.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted Hide Post
Looks good Dave, like the darker finish

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Wow that came out schweeeet! Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Very very nice Dave

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Great job. Very nice rifle.

Posts: 127 | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Yeah gotta like that. Theres something about that dark wood..........

Nice job Dave.

Posts: 207 | Location: The Folle Avoine | Registered: 19 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Even though the light finish is just as "authentic" I like the dark one better. Nice job.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks good Davey. I too like the darker finish better.

There is no right way to do a wrong thing

Posts: 272 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of MedicineSoldier
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Although it was a good looking gun before,like others have said I think the new color is outstanding.

A job well done.

Medicine Soldier

Posts: 219 | Location: Black Hills of SD | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
thanks guys! i think it turned out pretty good,think i'm going to take it to the gun show in febuary and sell it or trade it. wanting to get me a .40 caliber so i can shoot squirrels during deer season.

Member #277 Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Association
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Posts: 381 | Location: Butler, Missouri | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Ya did big thar Dave. I like it

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post