MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Firearms    Clay Smith smoothbore sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clay Smith smoothbore sights
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I recently purchased a rear sight from Clay Smith. With lens implants for glaucoma and now laser treatments on the lenses I need a lot of help visually. Ain't old age fun. The sight that he offers very closely resembles an original drawing of a rear sight on a Tulle in a book that I have about them. I have read about similar sights used on modern guns in Europe for hunting boar. These were close and fast shots. Since 50 yds. is a far shot here in the Pocono Mts. I figured to give it a try. As Mr. Murphy has intervened in my life again there will be no hunting season for me this year. I am shipping it off to my buddy who had to move back to Jersey. He is in my age group and also needs visual help. Hopefully it will help him take a few of the 25 doe per season that you are allowed. Will report on his results with the sight when he calls me.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
25 does in NJ!!! Just to see a deer in the south Jersey pine barrens when I was growing up there was considered a rare and wonderful event. Small game was plentiful, though. Times change.

I hope the sights work out for you and your bud.
I, too, have been diagnosed with glaucoma. Early stage, so far, and the doc thinks we have it under control for now. Over 20 years ago I had lasic surgery. It worked out very well for me, but time takes its toll. I still only wear glasses for reading, but I can no longer do the precision target shooting that I once did. I can see well enough for hunting.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Times do change, I understand that the insurance companies pushed for the large limit due to all collisions between the deer and the cars.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post