Swivel Breech Rifle
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Link to my finished David Price swivel breech rifle:
http://dragonflybridge.net/SwivelBreech/Pics/

JonS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jolasa,

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
That is one fine piece of work!!!!!

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
The only response to that is WOW!

Enjoy

Rio

Posts: 140 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Wow is the only response I can come up with.... Eeker

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Absolutely - WOW.
What caliber? What is the barrel length? What does it weigh? Who made it - you?

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Rancocas.

That info is on the web page:

Swivel Breech Flintlock Rifle
Built for me by David Price of Contoocook, New Hampshire, 2013.
Twin 32 inch, 54 caliber rifled barrels.
Bright steel hardware. L&R locks. Double set triggers. Coned muzzle.
Total length 48 inches. Total weight 8.5 lbs.

Carving: Mike Fisher, Ohio.
Engraving: Mike Yazel, Indiana.
Additional carving and bare wood finishing, stain and final finish: owner.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a one-of-a-kind-beauty! It looks like a rifle built for royalty.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
They were right when they said a picture is worth a thousand words.....one comes to mind...exquisite.....Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
ZOIKERS!
Eeker

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Ah yes. Sorry. I was so entranced with the craftsmanship and beauty of the rifle that I completely overlooked the text.

quote:
Originally posted by jolasa:
Rancocas.

That info is on the web page:

Swivel Breech Flintlock Rifle
Built for me by David Price of Contoocook, New Hampshire, 2013.
Twin 32 inch, 54 caliber rifled barrels.
Bright steel hardware. L&R locks. Double set triggers. Coned muzzle.
Total length 48 inches. Total weight 8.5 lbs.

Carving: Mike Fisher, Ohio.
Engraving: Mike Yazel, Indiana.
Additional carving and bare wood finishing, stain and final finish: owner.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Love those riflings.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
LAND'S A'MERCY!!

Do you aim to sure enough use that? In the woods? What a piece!

Bugeyed'Sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Will use at range alot, but I do not hunt.

JonS

Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will use at range alot, but I do not hunt.

WHAT? Eeker.... Sacre Bleu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NWTF Longhunter,

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Longhunter,for some,hunting can be a hassle,getting the time,or just getting somewhere TO hunt Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
David does great work glad Mine was from before he became popular. I have owned my 54 he put together for Eddie Beal.(have killed 2 moose with it and many deer. I bought it from Ed 20+ years ago before he passed.

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will use at range alot, but I do not hunt. What!

Longhunter ...

I am a veterinarian, sworn to care for animals, keep them free of pain, keep them alive and well.

I just cannot bring myself to shoot any living creature! I do not even like shooting at targets with animal silhouettes on them. Give me an old fashioned bulls eye on the 50-100 yard range every time!

JonS

Factor
posted Hide Post
Please let us know how she does. If she shoots as pretty as she looks she'll be somethin'.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post