New
Find
Notify
Tools

Squirrel rifles
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
In the early to mid eighties, Muzzleloader, did an article on a couple of guys, that speciallized in making squirrel rifles. Iirc, they were fairly young, and were into hunting squirrels in the pecans, I think they were from Kentucky, or Tennesee, and forged most of their own parts. I'd like to find out who they were, and if they're still involved in the sport. Does anyone remember? Mike Nesbitt, do you know, or did you write the article?
Thanks

It's not the first time, I've protected my hair, in just such a manner.

Posts: 44 | Location: Independence, MO. | Registered: 28 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Hershel and Frank House, but they'd a been in their early 40's in the 1980's. I guess that's "fairly young". Hershel has some videos out on gun building and other skills, from American Pioneer Video. Click on "Titles and Prices" to see what they offer.

I hope this was right for your question.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
No, thanks anyway, wasn't Hershel or Frank House. These two guys weren't brothers. Sorry about the reference to "fairly young". I don't recollect, how old they were, I think they were in their late twentys. I'm well aware of the House Bros., then and now, these guys were younger. Thanks very much for your reply though.

It's not the first time, I've protected my hair, in just such a manner.

Posts: 44 | Location: Independence, MO. | Registered: 28 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to think that Steve Davis, was one of the builders. I believe some or all of his guns, are of the woodbury school. If I'm right, doggone it, I still can't afford one of his rifle guns. I accidently came across one of his rifles, on another website.