New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maryalnd Rifle DONE!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Well I finally finished that little .36 rifle I've been working on! Since Photobucket committed suicide not sure how to get photos on here, so check out the link fellas if you want to see... http://americanlongrifles.org/...ex.php?topic=48060.0

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rifle & horn. How many hours do you figure from start to finish? I like the engraving on the brass.

Posts: 32 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 24 May 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm in love....I know I've said I wouldn't want a highly embellished gun,but this beauty gives me the FIZZ!!!!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous and I love it!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
very nice. Mark

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The fizz?!? I knew she'd be spreading lead poisoning amongst the local limb rats, but didn't know about the fizz!! Big Grin

Haggis, I don't keep track, but 150 hours spread out over time? My engraving is always my weak point, folksy at best, but that's where I'm at. But I'd always rather see an honest effort from a maker than sending a gun out to somebody else to engrave, especially with power gravers.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I HATE IT

I HATE that it's not on my wall,

I HATE that it's sooo pretty I'd be afraid to fire it...

So I'd HATE to try and hunt with it,

Razzer Eeker Big Grin Razzer

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loyalist Dave:
I HATE IT

I HATE that it's not on my wall,

LD

Welll, you know, there's a reason I don't put my initials on the thumbpiece even when I plan on keeping a gun, everything has a price tag and I can always make another! If that spot on your wall is really empty and lonely...
Smiler

The only thing I hate about it is that I had to have a buddy make an extension for my range rod because the barrel is so long.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
It is a beaut. Horn also. Congrats. Smiler

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post