Find
Notify
Tools

latest issue
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of markinmi.
posted
Just got my latest issue and man it is a winner . Looks like the best issue yet.

Posts: 625 | Location: North of Detroit Mi | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Got mine as well.

Posts: 7 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Going to get me a Nesbitt ifin he don't quit teasing me with them Canoe guns Mad

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey MtnMike, Maybe you'll get one this year. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of markinmi.
posted Hide Post
yall knocked this one out of the park,,,SALUTE

Posts: 625 | Location: North of Detroit Mi | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Wow...outstanding issue and so much of interest. And Mr. Nesbitt is a genius...would love an early Virginia or transitional rifle by him...what a great job by all involved. Each issue gets better and better.

Patrick...

Posts: 13 | Location: foothills of the Blue Ridge, at the meeting of the Mountain and Carolina Roads  | Registered: 15 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Mike Nesbitt,,do you need my mailing address? this year huh? Go ahead,make my day LOL

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Believe me, Mr. Nesbitt ain't no genius. I know him better than that... Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Mike,

IMHO, the true mark of genius is the denial of same...it's up to the rest of us to make the judgement. Your work is spectacular...and inspirational.

Stay off the skyline...
Pat

Posts: 13 | Location: foothills of the Blue Ridge, at the meeting of the Mountain and Carolina Roads  | Registered: 15 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Pat, Well, thank you, Sir. I hope your opinion doesn't change. Keep reading, for sure. Shoot sharp, Mike

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike - Sent ya a PM awhile ago concernin an article ya writ awhile back on th Jackie Brown canoe gun.

Rupe/PA

Posts: 467 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The cover painting is by David Wright, but the scene is Bald River Falls. Mr. Wright made it abit larger than life, but it is a real waterfall located in the Cherokee National Forest near Tellico Plains here in east Tenasi.

I spend some of my time up in that Bald River country above the falls. It is a designated wilderness area. There are some beautiful pools on the upper river above the falls, complete with native brook trout. Black bear, turkey, deer, and feral hogs can also be found in the area, but it is rugged mountain country and very difficult to hunt.

The small town of Tellico Plains was originally a Cherokee village known as Great Tellico. It was once one of the principal towns of the "overhill" Cherokee.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Rupe, The Canoe Gun story was found. That tale was printed in the May/June 2001 issue on page 67. It wasn't used in Shooting The Bull so it was just a little harder to find. Shoot sharp, Mike

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike - Jus ordered th back issue. Jus soos ya nevr fergit, tha purchas wast all yer fault !!......butt it wer a gud one !

Rupe/PA

Posts: 467 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
Got my issue, Jason and team did a fantastic job Smiler

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Fincastle
posted Hide Post
Good intel on the Falls Rancocos, sounds like Heaven. How does a fella from Indiana Territory find his way to the area. Is it far from Sevierville?in FIN

A nod's as good as a blink to a blind horse

Posts: 143 | Location: Indiana Territory | Registered: 22 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fincastle:
Good intel on the Falls Rancocos, sounds like Heaven. How does a fella from Indiana Territory find his way to the area. Is it far from Sevierville?in FIN

Sevierville is north of the Smoky Mountains, and Tellico Plains is south of the Smoky Mountains.
There is a nice little local museum in Tellico Plains, a couple of restaurants, and a big sawmill. Otherwise, there isn't much there.
From downtown Tellico Plains take Hwy 165 East and then turn off onto the Tellico River Road. Keep following that and you'll eventually come to the falls.
Hwy 165 becomes Hwy 143 on the North Carolina side of the line. It is called the Cherohala Skyway. It is a scenic drive that runs high along the mountain crests. However, this time of year, winter, it can be a dangerous drive due to ice and snow.

Above the falls is The Bald River Gorge Wilderness Area. Attached to that is the Upper Bald River Wilderness Study Area that is currently being evaluated for possible inclusion into the wilderness designation.
Nearby is the Citico Creek Wilderness Area and adjoining that on the North Carolina side is the Joyce Kilmer Slickrock Wilderness. All of this is within the Cherokee National Forest in Tenasi (I prefer the old time spelling), and the Nantahala National Forest in North Carolina.

This is a great issue, by the way. I'm enjoying it.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
The Kibler article is superb and makes it a keeper for me.

Posts: 43 | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Great issue!Keep them coming!
Can't get my eyes off the cover thinking whats next????

Posts: 122 | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post