New
Find
Notify
Tools

My small game horn
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Had some nice compliments on my horn that was posted on the firearms most favorite gun post so I thought I would post a few more here. If anyone recognize the work I would like to find the person that I bought it from or the one who made it......

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post

having a hard time with photo bucket today.....Frowner

Factor
posted Hide Post
That horn just looks better every time you show more....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed sir!
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Fantastic scrimshaw. Beautifully done. However, I personally do not care for the red coloring. To my eye it appears gaudy. Nevertheless, it certainly is a very nice example of the horn makers art.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That horn is really nice, sort of a "show piece". It looks just the right size for small game hunting, too.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I wonder how the maker did the red on the horn. Very nice piece of work. I may be able to get somebody from the horner's guild to ID it for you,

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I found the maker....Smiler Wiley Frankfort. I will try and contact him and see if he can date what year it was made.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Well,Wiley Frankfort....Sir,you are an artist...Does he have a website?

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yes he does just google his name .

Booshway
posted Hide Post
http://www.powderhornsandscrimshaw.mysite.com/

This the one? I've got one of his small salt horns, it's nice but not as WOW as the one you've got!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yup,that's some nice stuff.I didn't even look at the prices....

Pilgrim
Picture of kopfjaeger
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Posts: 51 | Registered: 07 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Beautiful horn!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
very nice horn thanks for sharing it!

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Could not open the pic. Went to the website. He does some amazing detailed scrim work.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful horn and to the person that found the horn smith's web site, thank you for posting it. Some truly talented artist in this hobby and it was interesting looking through his gallery of work. Honestly, he could make a book just with his gallery pictures and descriptions alone. Really cool to see.

B

Shoot Safe

Posts: 43 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 15 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post