Notify
Tools

blankets
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
any good advice? Looking for a good one. hand loom hand made PC

Longhunter-TC

Posts: 3 | Location: Mebane NC | Registered: 13 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You could try High Horse Trading Company, and there is the Faribault Mill, and there are the venerable, though not hand loomed Pendelton Blankets. A lot of the military guys carry British Military Surplus Blankets either in white or they modify the navy blankets with the blue stripes. Not hand loomed either, but folks cut the center blue striped piece out, then blanket stitch the edges of the two pieces, THEN then piece the two sides back together which give a result very similar to blankets produced on looms less wide than a twin bed.

Lastly you can look on eBay under "antique" blanket or "vintage" blanket.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I would really love to get a CJ Wilde or something along those lines. I had one and my house burned down a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get back everything. Some things I just cannot find any more

Longhunter-TC

Posts: 3 | Location: Mebane NC | Registered: 13 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 23 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
CJ Wilde is no longer making blankets to the best of my knowledge. As to where to get a good blanket, besides the places already mentioned you might try a family owned company in Canada called MacAusland's. They still operate a woolen mill and it might be just what you need.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

Posts: 13 | Registered: 04 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Spend some time doing Google searches. There are tons of overseas blanket makers. A lot of blankets come from Checzlosovakia. Most are sent undyed to have color added later. A lot of wool blend blankets come from India at very-very low cost. e.g. $1.00 each.
Downside is you must buy in quantity.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Mike/MO
posted Hide Post
Rob Stone is a maker of hand loomed blankets. Top quality that is comparable to CJ Wilde. Sold through High Horse Traders or directly. A google search will find both sites. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Mike/MO

Posts: 356 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Couldn't find Rob Stone's website,but did find highhorsetrading.com......gonna have to save my pennies for awhile for those blankets.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yard sales can produce gems.
My 'finds' get washed with Sport Wash and cold water. I hang out to dry. Always come out soft and fluffy.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post