New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for horn
 Login/Join

<mtnmike>
posted
I am looking for a bison horn,who besides e-bay has them? Don't have much I can afford to pay.
Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
On another site a fellow had a bunch off them I will see if I can get his contact info.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
ThanksB..... Wink

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Track of the Wolf shows two on their online catalog... one is 8-10" for $14.99 and the larger one is 11-13" for $17.99. Both are raw and unfinished. Hope this helps some

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Thanks M R ! Wink

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Never heard back from anyone....Frowner

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Powder Horns by Rocky Mountain Powder Horns, Handmade using ...

rockymountainpowderhorns.comCached

I have horns and bags from him. I like very much

Posts: 459 | Location: Yuma, AZ......Soon to be WA.! | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Thanks poordevil! will look into it
Wink

Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Crazy Crow has finished horns as well as blanks.
http://www.crazycrow.com/mm5/m...nge_low=&range_high=

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
There are a few sources out there.

Moscow Hide & Fur shows one in stock for $15.00.

Sunrise Trading Post lists them, "when available," for $19.95.

Claw, Antler, and Hide in Custer, South Dakota lists bison horns for $15.00. I bought a nice, mature bull skull from their store when I was up there in 2006 for $125.00. It's a beauty, and I ended up giving it to my son. This outfit is near Custer State Park, which has a very successful bison management program. They probably have access to some good horns, but you may want to call them and ask.

Finally, Sioux Trading Post has about the least expensive bison horns you'll find anywhere, but they appear to be out of stock. I have bought several young bull horns from them for $6.00 apiece. These are suitable for small to medium size powder horns, but the hollow runs very close to the tip so you don't have much solid material there to carve for a spout. The last time I bought bison horns from Sioux Trading Post, they only had bison cow horns, which were quite small. They only cost $4.00, though. The folks who run this shop are very nice people, and Rapid City is right there in the heart of buffalo country. If you give them a call they may be able to help you find what you want.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Notchy Bob,,,,Thanks!! I'll take a gander at them
Wink

Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted Hide Post
Mtmike. I may be of some help if you're still looking for a finished buffalo powder horn. Shoot me an email when you get the chance.
seminole1753@yahoo.com

Pare-

Posts: 104 | Location: Little River, I.T. | Registered: 06 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Pare- mail sent,,thanks for your response! Wink