New
Find
Notify
Tools

TENTSMITHS CLOSES DOORS
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
Folks it looks like Tentsmiths is going out of business..., no new orders after March 31, and they will fill the orders they have in April, and then shutdown.

The family that owns it is retiring. I'd love to own it, seriously, but they are in New Hampshire, and I can't relocate up there, and I'd not want to dump their sewing staff or ask them to move down to WVA...

BUMMERS

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
I don’t like to hear that kind of thing in our hobby

Posts: 232 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Encourage the employees to buy out the company and to continue producing. The mkt is already established.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea, also an established skilled workforce!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
UPDATE...Tentsmiths is being sold to new owners and is staying in New Hampshire. Probably will conclude the full deal in about two months.

LD

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! That's really good news!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Walking Bear 1954
posted Hide Post
Good news

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep that can contest the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 33 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 14 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
THEY'RE BACK
Tentsmiths

LD

Pilgrim
Picture of JoeM
posted Hide Post
"THEY'RE BACK"
Tentsmiths

Good to hear

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JoeM,

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days

Posts: 69 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post