New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible bag strap
 Login/Join

Hivernant
posted
Looking for a source where I can buy 2" strap for possible bag. Either jute or cotton. Thanks

Posts: 127 | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Chair webbing from an upholstery store is often used....but just be aware that a lot of folks know it as chair strappings.
This is wider than you asked about:
Red Striped Strap
Black stripe Strap
This is thinner than you asked about, but is often used by guys for rifle bags:
1.25" Plain Cotton Strap
Here is some very wide and plain, which would distribute the weight better on your shoulder, but might be better suited to a strap for a militia ammo box due to width :
Wide Plain Strap

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Great idea, LD. Cheap too. Big Grin

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
I don't know that I've seen jute webbing. Strapping of cotton or hemp is not too hard to find. Try Turkeyfoot Trading for hemp webbing. Also, try Jas. Townsend for cotton or hemp, although it appears their maximum width is 1½".

With no offense intended to anyone, I would encourage all of us to patronize the businesses that support our hobby rather than the big box stores, when possible. I have dealt with both Turkey Foot and Townsend, and can vouch for the fact that they are good people.

Good luck!

Merry Christmas!

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Amen.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Walking Bear 1954
posted Hide Post
Got some jute at JoAnna

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep that can contest the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 33 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 14 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I may try some of the red. Mark

Posts: 164 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post