MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Accoutrements    Looking for Old-Time Hair Pipes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Old-Time Hair Pipes
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted
Hair pipes are widely available, but just about all that you see for sale now are thinner than the old ones, which had a more pronounced barrel shape. I'm looking to duplicate an old artifact, and I'll need eight 3-inch hairpipes that are a minimum of 8mm (5/16") in the middle. I just got some of the better-quality hair pipes from Crazy Crow, but they vary widely in diameter and degree of taper, and the largest of the lot is only 7mm. Too skinny.

I am familiar with most of the vendors that are out there. Most of them sell the cheapest hair pipes they can get.

Any ideas where to get the good 'uns, the old-style hairpipes?

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I would try Preston Miller at Four Winds Indian Trading Post, St. Ignatius, Montana. Call information for his number, I guess. Or maybe LarryP can get it out of the phone book.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post