Find
Notify
Tools

Horn Strap
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted
I finally got around to finishing the burlap strap to go with my latest horn. I tend to procrastinate but I'll address that character flaw later.

I split a 3" roll and sealed the edges with glue. This stuff unravels like there's no tomorrow. I cut and attached the leather ends and affixed them to the horn.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
I really like the burlap strap, nice look..

Do you wear the horn opposite side from the bag?

Pease

Posts: 238 | Registered: 08 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
I like the strap that you have made.
I thank that you have the brother of the horn that I use.

Keep your powder dry
LeeRoy

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I like that nice job.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Lookin' good.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pease:
I really like the burlap strap, nice look..

Do you wear the horn opposite side from the bag?

Pease

Pease, I wear both bag and horn on the right; it feels natural and convenient, there. If I changed anything it would be only to wear the bag on the left but keep the horn on the right.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, good looking strap. You did a really good job.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the nice comments even though I know quite well that all my "work" is rather crude. But with things being what they are it really is about the best I can do. Still it is a major part of the fun of this sport and I do enjoy it immensely. For the many of you who do truly masterful work, my hat's off to you gentlemen.

Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Nice strap, Hanshi. I wouldn't know whether it was "crude" or not, having never made one myself. Looks good to me, not extremely fancy or decorative, but anything too fancy, and you might not want to use it. Smiler Keep improving your work! Mabey in the near future you can be one of those gentlemen who does truly masterful work. That's my aim.
~Josh

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post