New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting Bag
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Here's a bag I just made, the first I've ever made in fact. I know it's not HC/PC but I'm not into reenacting so that didn't matter to me. I wanted a bag for carrying both round ball and shot and wads for a smoothbore I have ordered when out hunting. It's 10" x 10" x 2". It has 2 interior 3" x 4" pockets and a 2" strap. I put a lot of adjustment into the strap both for bulky winter clothing and so my kids could use it. The stitching is waxed hemp cord.

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, and will be big enough to carry both kinds of ammo.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looks good you did a nice job.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scoundrel:
Looks nice, and will be big enough to carry both kinds of ammo.

Carrying both kinds is one thing I was really going for. One of the areas I hunt has deer, elk, turkeys and ponds with ducks and geese. It's a smoothbore hunter's paradise.

Free Trapper
Picture of LeeRoy
posted Hide Post
Good looking bag, I like the size too.

Keep your powder dry.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Nevada | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Looking good. It would fit anywhere.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Great looking bag.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Smiler

Factor
posted Hide Post
Good stuff,guy

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
The tack work with a Cross of Lorraine was a nice touch.

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
What's not HC about it? Confused

It's leather, you sewed it with hemp, you used tacks to decorate it... I've seen lots of leather that was done with tacks, mosly revolver holsters, but I doubt that when they made revolver holsters they suddenly said "hey now I have a use for them brass tacks that have been layin' around for years."

Might no be from my time period, ..., that doesn't mean it don't fit in an earlier or later period... Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave. The main reason I said it wasn't HC was because I don't remember seeing one like it. The general lines of the flap I've seen before, but the tacks were to personalize it a little and to add weight so the flap would stay closed more without the need for a button or tie. My main reasoning behind the design was of the bag was what I thought would work best for me in the field.

Booshway
Picture of Night Owl
posted Hide Post
Agree...very nice job!!

Posts: 265 | Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan | Registered: 03 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post