New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brass Mounted Knife Sheath
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
My first real piece of work that I have done in 14 months. Had some health and vision problems, but am getting better now. The knife is a representation of an 18th c. "broken Sword" knife, and was made by Kyle Willyard. Old Dominion Forge. I made the sheath with a center seam up the back, hand sewn with linen thread, and with brass mounts. The leather is 6/7oz vege-tan carving leather, and stained with vinegaroon. The mounts are all hand made by me from brass sheet. The brass aging on both knife and scabbard was done with 44-40 cold blue. The knife's brass mounts came from "THE RIFLE SHOPPE", and the grip is bone. Hope you enjoy a look.

Posts: 557 | Location: geneva,fl | Registered: 29 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Oh my......My wife just told me to stop drooling on the computer.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
That is great work sir! Very nice!!
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's an amazing sheath and knife!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post