New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Cleaning jags/worms
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
posted
I was at the Eastern Rendezvous a few years back and came across a fellow who was selling cleaning jags and worms that were at least 4-5 inches long. I bought one in 40 cal and have been trying to find other sizes for a long time without any success. I know, I should have bought every size he had. Anybody know of a source where I can get long cleaning jags?

Posts: 180 | Location: Harrisburg, Pa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
frank, try Larry Callahan tel. #636 475 7444 he mades some pretty durn good stuff he also advertises in the ML mag if he doesn't answer leave a message because he will get back to you i have some of his stuff A+ work

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Why? What would be the advantage?
And, with the worms, I believe there would be increased chances of scratching your barrel. Oh, well. Each to his own.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
not if you use tow and water and dry tow to dry the barrel i have been using them for years now and never had any problems besides it is what they used back in the 18th and 19th century

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
A long jag or worm is very useful when hunting and using the ramrod that is on the rifle.

Posts: 180 | Location: Harrisburg, Pa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of wattlebuster
posted Hide Post
Curt Lyles also sells some that he makes. Just google Curts blacksmith shop

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a crisp frosty morning

Posts: 354 | Location: Heart of DIXIE | Registered: 18 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
A few years ago Muzzleloader magazine had an ad by a company making and selling three inch (or so) tow worms and ball screws.

These guys never had the item on their online catalog, but if you called them they would sell you a pair. Might do the same online. Here's their website...they are the "Other TVM" in Corinth MS.

http://www.tennesseevalleymanu...log.php?category=all

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
TOW also carries them for about $8......I have several!!!!

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Got one from Track of the Wolf. Looks good for anything above 45 cal. A little snug for my 45 cal rifles, but should work good on my 50, 54, and 62 cal rifles.

Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Good Doin'.....really like mine and they are cheap enough to put one in each shooting bag...for each weapon!!! Glad you like it!!

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post