New
Find
Notify
Tools

.525 Bullet Mould
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Does anyone know where I can find a .525 round ball mould? Is Rapine back in business and do they still make them?
Many Thanks.

Posts: 17 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: 03 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yeller Knife - Contact Larry Callahan (bagmolds.com). He can make you any size you want. I have a bunch of these and they are well made and work perfectly.

Col Boone

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Harry... no... LARRY Calahan. Got it.
Indebted.

Posts: 17 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: 03 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Boone. Hope you don't mind me calling you that - Daniel Boone was my grandfather's name and he always went by Boone so it's an honor to you.

I ordered one; decent price. Apparently, he returns calls on custom moulds when ordered to make sure what you want.

Yeah... two Ls...

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yellow Knife - Most interesting that Daniel Bone was your grandpa...are you folks related to Boone family of Kentcky fame? Daniel Boone was my 4X great grandpa, thus I carry the name. That "Col" thing was required 'cause some other fella on here took "my name" before I got on..oh, well. Nope, I was not a Col in real life, either.

Larry is a fine fella and will take grand care of ya. I have a bunch of his standard mold sizes, but he made up a special one for my .45 'cause the dear girl chokes up on a .440...so now she is fed a .435 and is quite happy. Slightly higher cost, but worth it. He also has a bunch of other gun accouterments that are of interest as well. All well made.

Col Boone

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I am from KY, but not related to D Boone the explorer. I'm Injun (Ahniyvwian) and my family just sort of chose whatever name they wanted. My dad was named General Stonewall Jackson and I had an uncle named H. That's it, just H. I won't bore you with the others.
Thanks, again, for referring me to Larry. He has some pretty good stuff on his site. I just registered at this site and knew I'd find good folks here.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yaller Knife - Understand...most interesting.
Glad you hooked up with Larry. I have met him a couple of times and he is a genuine gentleman in all regards.

Col Boone

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yeller there are all kind of good folks here. If ya can't get answer here I don't think ya could find it. The archives are a wealth of ideas and answers. Larry would have been my two cents. I have a .40 and you can't just buy ammo for it anywhere. Larry fixed me up with a bag mold that works great.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I mailed the check today. I was shocked when Larry called me yesterday, just an hour or two after I ordered the mould at his site.
Thanks again!

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
When I talked to him he sure remembered you! Good guy.