New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bag ready for the hunt
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I have my shooting bag for my 32 cal. Set for hunting season. I made the ball carrier today it will hold 20 .300 balls plus I attached the short starter holder to the bag strap. I’m ready.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Excellent looking stuff...next time we see all that it'll hopefully have a couple bushy-tails laying alongside.
Smiler
And I also have a question if you don't mind, just from the point of view of always trying to minimize bulk & weight, I was surprised to see what appears to be a wooden sliding box to carry precut patches. A very novel idea and definitely a nice quality 'looker' of an item...just assumed a little round tin would have been smaller / lighter

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I like the ball container.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
LD thanks for the comment on the ball container.
RB the box ain't much bigger than the tin might use a tin if I find one I like.....Smiler

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The whole outfit is very nice. Beautiful horn!

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Everything sure looks good to me.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Good to go.... only thing missing is a squirrel cooker... Smiler

Posts: 238 | Registered: 08 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Will wait till next time out to make any adjustments the back sight might need a little tweaking or it just might be old eyes……

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
How bout one'a them air rifle pellet tins for carrying patches?My wife used to get little lavender candies in tins that would fit the bill also.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
That ball carrier looks great,but doesn't it rattle something fierce when you're walking?

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
No rattle.....Smiler

Factor
posted Hide Post
Confused I'll take your word for it.

Booshway
Picture of TurtleDave
posted Hide Post
nice looking outfit,really like the patchbox and the ball carrier. antler is kind of pithy and some what soft in the center,should not rattle at all.

Member #277 Mo. State Rep. for the Traditional Muzzleloading Association
"The reason a dog has so many friends,He wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Posts: 381 | Location: Butler, Missouri | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking and excellent set-up for squirrel day.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ok,that makes sense.....Very nice kit regardless.